Are you planning to embark the famous Palace on Wheel tour in India? Luxury and unique experiences are guaranteed throughout your vacation. What more to expect during your trip?
Here are some of the quick tips for those who are travelling in Palace on Wheels, for the very first time.
What to Pack?
- You will be enjoying dinner at star hotels, taking up wildlife safari, birdwatching, and others. Thus, pack suitable dress as per the itinerary.
- Always wear comfortable footwear as you will be walking or standing for a long time at the monuments or in a queue.
- You will be staying for a week in the train. Pack your cellphones, chargers, laptops, and others. You can find international adapters in your cabin, too.
- There is a paramedic in the train with basic medicines. However, if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, or if you would need specialized medicines, it is best to bring them with you.
- If you are travelling with an infant, bring required baby formula with you. You can request for hot water on-board.
- Do not over pack your bags. You will be enjoying shopping at numerous destinations. Keep your bags free to take back souvenirs.
- The Palace on Wheels does not have weight restrictions. However, the space for storing luggage is restricted. Thus, it is recommended to bring luggage as per the airline restrictions.
- The cabins have electronic safe and the doors are quite secure. However, it is better to avoid bringing any expensive jewelries or items.
- The destinations covered by Palace on Wheels are all humid and hot during summer and warm during winter. Based on the month of your travel, pack your clothes. Cotton is best for summers. Thick cotton or thin wool with a jacket would be perfect for winter months.
- Always pack a cap or protective shawl with you. Carry sunscreen too, even if you are visiting in winter.
- Smog is common in Delhi during winter. Wear masks or any protective wear during your stay in New Delhi.
- If you are an international traveler, you need to have passport with valid Indian visa.
- Alcohol is served only to those who are more than 21 years of age. The bartender might request you to show any age proof, if needed.
- Carry a copy of the ticket with you, throughout your trip.
- Remember to try all the cuisines during your travel.
- If you wish to have any specific diet during your travel, you ought to mention it during the time of booking.
- The cuisine of India is quite spicy and hot. So, request for a milder version if you think it would be a tad spicy for you.
- Most of the destinations covered by the Palace on Wheels are cultural and historic beauties. Thus, you cannot expect the stores in those areas to accept international currencies. Try to change your currency into Indian rupees at the airport or talk to the train manager to further assistance.
- The international debit and credit cards are acceptable in many destinations. However, the charge of using the card varies with the service provider.
- The itinerary of Palace on Wheels does not cover post or pre tour accommodations in New Delhi. If you wish to stay back for a few hours or a couple of days, pre-book the hotels before you start your vacation.
- You would be sleeping inside a moving train during the tour. Thus, carrying noise cancelling headphones, eye masks, and others, if required.
Last but not least, learn about the terms and conditions of the ticket booking process, travelling, cancellation process, child policy, and others before you start your vacation. Learn about what is expected from you and your rights during the trip. This will help you have a smooth vacation.