- Gatimaan Express is understood to be the fastest train of India, running at a speed of 160 km/hr, Gatimaan Express covers the space (188 km) between Delhi and Agra in just 100 minutes. The trip starts from Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station and ends at Agra Cantonment railway station. The train started on 5th April 2016 is another feather within the cap of the Indian Railways.
- It was the first high-speed opulence train of India, Gatimaan Expres has surely become popular for offering wonderful memorable experiences. In between Delhi and Agra, it chugs at a speed of 160 km/hr. Opt for a 2-day tour of Gatimaan Express, that's getting to not only take you to a number of the favoured attractions of the Mughal City of Agra but is also getting to provide you with luxurious facilities once you are on-board. The decor, services and meals on-board are simply enticer. During the well-planned itinerary, you visit stunning architectural marvels like the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and more.
- Painted in grey and blue with a stripe of bright yellow colour the centre, the Gatimaan Express features a total of 10 coaches. The coaches are designed in consultation Research Development and Standard Organization (RDSO). Each coach goes to possess one female and one male host alongside overall, three managers. Passengers can enjoy welcome flowers and chocolates.
- Out of the ten coaches, two are Executive AC parlor car and eight are AC parlor car coaches. The train will leave Nizamuddin railway station at 08.10 AM and reach Agra Cantt. at 09.50 AM. In its return journey, the train leaves from Agra at 05.50 PM for reaching Nizamuddin at 07.30 pm.
- Passengers will not only be escorted to their seats by the hostesses and offered roses but will also be given free access to multimedia content.
Train Facilities include
- Automatic fire alarm
- Emergency braking system
- Passenger information system
- Sliding doors
- 8-inch LCD tv's behind every seat
- Free Wi-fi availability
- Hotspot and Multimedia services
- Train hostesses
- The train includes two restaurants, each possessing a stylish decor. The restaurants have an arrangement of seats in groups of twos and fours. The guests aboard can enjoy sumptuous food of Indian (especially Marwari) and other popular world cuisines (such as Continental and European). Along with the choice of table d’hôte meals.
- Night five-star hotel accommodation at Agra.
- Air-conditioned vehicles for the transfers & sightseeing on sharing basis (SIC), as per the itinerary.
- Buffet breakfast & dinner at the hotel restaurant.
- Lunch at a local hotel during sightseeing (Day -01: Pinch of Spice/ Raio & Day – 2: Joshi Resort)
- Experienced English & Hindi Speaking Guide having valid License for the same.
- Entry tickets to the sightseeing places as per the itinerary.
Train Facilities Exclude
- Train Tickets.
- Any passage at hotels, tips, mineral water, telephone charges, laundry and all items of personal nature.
- Any Still video camera fees, any activities suggested in the itinerary are directly chargeable.
- Any extra meals / en-route meals, sightseeing and activities other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any service not specified in inclusions.
Cost of the Ticket
Normal chair car AC – INR 750 per head
Executive chair car AC – INR 1500 per head.
The train offers multiple cuisines for the passengers to choose. Cuisines offered generally are North and South Indian cuisines, Continental Cuisines, and Health menu. Some of the popular dishes of the menu of Gatimaan Express are, brown bread, fruits (cut), fresh fruit juices, mini kulche, chicken roll, roasted dry fruit, Lyonnaise potatoes, coconut barfi, tomato salsa, baked potato wedges, veg shami kebab, wheat upma, omelette, digestive cookies, aloo paratha, and others.
The meals are made to match the quality and style of representation of the airlines. The dishes are served in expensive bone china crockeries (for executive chair car travelers).
IRCTC also provides add-on tour packages along with the train travel, which includes sightseeing in Agra. The tariff and itineraries depend upon the package you choose.
Full Day Guided Agra Tour
This is a full day sightseeing tour in Agra covering Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort in an AC vehicle. This includes lunch in any of the local restaurants to enjoy the cuisine of the land.
Cost of this package is
- Indian adults – INR 2,100 per head
- Foreign adults – INR 3,900 per head
- Indian or foreign child – INR 2,000 per head (kids below 12 years are considered as child
- Child below the age of 5 – free of charge
Two Days Package
This is a complete tour of Agra City, which includes sightseeing, buffet dinners and lunches, and overnight stay in any of the five-star hotels. Top destinations covered in the sightseeing tour are Taj Mahal, Itmad-Ud-Daulah, Agra Fort, Sikandra, Fatehpur Sikri, and Mehtb Bagh. The package includes entry to these monuments too. The road transportation takes place in comfortable AC vehicles.
Cost of this tour package is
- Single occupancy – INR 14,500 per head for Indians and INR 17,600 per head for foreigners
- Double occupancy – INR 10,800 per head for Indians and INR 13,900 per head for foreigners
- Triple occupancy – INR 10,300 per head for Indians and INR 13,400 per head for foreigners
- For child with separate bed (below 11 years) – INR 7,000 per head for both Indians and foreigners
- For child without separate bed (below 11 years) – INR 3,800 per head for both Indians and foreigners
- Child below five year – free of cost
How to Book Tickets and Packages?
Gatimaan Express train tickets and packages can be booked via IRCTC, the official web portal of Indian Railways. You can also choose reliable tour operators sites for booking tickets with ease.
Interesting Facts about Gatimaan Express
- The train from Delhi to Agra features a top speed of 100 miles per hour, compared to trains in China, Japan, France and other countries which may reach 200 miles per hour or more.
- It is also just seven minutes faster than the Shatabdi Express on an equivalent route.
- It is described by the govt as India's first semi high-speed train. It's a part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's $135 billion decide to overhaul the rail network over five years.
- Tickets price differs from Rs. 750 to Rs. 1,500, counting on seat class.
- The Gatimaan express includes plush interiors and bio-toilets.
- It boasts of on-board hostesses and china crockery.
- there is a GPS-passenger information service and WiFi-based electronic entertainment system.
- The speed is better from other trains running on an equivalent route at 150 kilometres an hour.
- The Gatimaan will run six days every week, except on Fridays when the Taj Mahal is shut.
- Most trains in India has an average speed of around 110 km an hour.
Know about Palace on Wheels: