What are the Facilities Provided onboard the Palace on Wheels Train?
The Palace on Wheels train provides exclusive regal facilities and amenities to impart luxury in every element of your vacation, starting from showering to sightseeing. To do so, the train is fitted with numerous facilities, which are some of the marvels of science and engineering.
Here are the top facilities in the Palace on Wheels train.
- The cabin hold luxury twin bedding and upholstery like a writing desk, chairs and others.
The decor of each cabin relates to the cultural and heritage beauty of the land. Each cabin holds the name of a princely state of the land, and the decor relates to the culture of the ancient state.
- The cabin also come with a TV, channel music, intercom, DVD players, and air conditioning.
- The cabin hold a private bathroom in each, fitted with shower with or without a bathtub.
- The bathrooms have an uninterrupted hot and cold water supply. Bath linens are changed every day.
- The bathroom comes with a wide range of branded toiletries. It includes a hairdryer and an outlet for using it.
- A butler or Khidmatgar serves every passenger on the train. Each cabin has its butler, who is available 24/7 for any needs and requirements. The butlers are well versed in local language and English. Thus, communicating your needs is easy.
- The Internet is provided free throughout the vacation. However, the strength of the internet varies with the region, through which the train is traversing.
- Every day, morning coffee is served on the bed, along with daily newspapers or magazines.
Also Read: Palace on Wheels Facilities
- There are two restaurants inside the train, the Maharajah and Maharani. Each restaurant is decorated with equal royal elements. The menu of both restaurants is the same.
- They serve international and local cuisine. Lunch comprises of three courses and dinners come with four courses. Top cuisines served are Indian, Chinese, Rajasthani, and Continental.
- Packaged mineral water is served to the travelers.
- The restaurant poses a royal decor, and the dishes are served in luxury glassware and crockery.
- The seats are arranged in groups of fours and twos, close to the panoramic window for the tourists to enjoy dining as they engulf the beauty of the scenic route.
Explore More: Palace on Wheels restaurants
- The lounge of the train holds a large bar, which is well stocked with liquors, wine, and cocktails from around the world.
- A mixology specialist holds the bar, and he can serve any cocktail or mocktail of your choice.
- You can also find simple snacks, games, channel music, and a few books in the lounge room.
- The room has comfortable seating arrangements to aid sightseeing.
- The spa of the train provides a wide range of luxury treatments and massages.
- A trained therapist is appointed in the spa to provide Ayurvedic and fusion treatments for the passengers.
Other Facilities on-board the Train
- A paramedic travels on the train along with the passengers to provide first-aid and any basic medical help. In case of emergency, doctors will be called at the next destination.
- The entire train is smoking free. However, if you wish to smoke, talk to your butler. He will lead you to an allotted location.
- A small souvenir shop is found on the train. The shop sells handicrafts, merchandise of Palace on Wheels train, clothing, and others.
- Each guest gets an arrival welcome-kit along with a glass of wine or any refreshing beverage. The kit includes brochures, stationery items, and others.
- To serve differently-abled passengers, the Palace on Wheels provides wheelchair, and special attendants.
- At each destination, porters are assigned to assist passengers with their luggage.
- Laundry services are available at specific destinations, and your butler will assist you with the same.
- Camel safari in Jaisalmer, Jungle safari in Ranthambore and elephant ride in Amer Fort are some of the exotic activities provided to the travelers of Palace on Wheels.
- Satellite telephone facilities and ATM will soon be available for the tourists.
- A mailbox is provided for posting mails.
Know More about Palace on Wheels:
- Palace on Wheels train fare
- Palace on Wheels train schedule
- Palace on Wheels train information
- History of Palace on Wheels train
- Palace on Wheels itinerary