Top 10 Heritage Hotels in Udaipur
Udaipur, in one word the Oasis of Rajasthan is the best place for the love birds. With its pleasant weather, numerous natural and man made lakes encircling the city, Udaipur is home to some of the most lavish resorts of the country.
Let us enjoy a virtual tour to top 10 hotels of Udaipur.
1. The Oberoi Udaivilas
Spread over 50 acres of the hunting land of the Maharanas, Hotel Oberoi Udaivilas treasures the heritage of the Rajput clan. With sprawling greenery at one side and deep blue waters of Lake Pichola on the other, Oberoi Udaivilas is paradise of natural beauty.
- Magnificence of nature with sunlight beaming from all corners through the domes and corridors.
- Awe inspiring wall decor with gold furnishings and wall frescoes.
- Quintessential Indian and global cuisines served at the indoor and all fresco restaurants.
- Special private romantic dinners or get together parties which can hold as many as 70 guests.
- Signature Oberoi treatments at the SPA, which include both Ayurveda and Western massages.
2. The Taj Lake Palace
With the trademark of Taj Lake Palace cum resort boasts of unparalleled hospitality and natural charm. The hotel is at the heart of Lake Pichola over the Jag Niwas Island. This hotel used to be the pleasure palace of Maharana Jagat Singh II.
- A royal welcome with a shower of rose petals under a embroidered and sequinned umbrella.
- Breathtaking views of Aravali Hills, Machla Hills and Udaipur City Palace from the balconies of the hotel.
- Palace rooms exhibiting intricate architectural designs, high ceilings and floral motifs.
- An enthralling stroll through the palace and corridors listening to the impressive historic facts about the Maharajas.
- A rare collection of 22 vintage cars which have been collected by the Rajput monarchs through years.
3. The Leela Palace
This luxury resort is a perfect combination of 5 star amenities and soothing natural ambiance.
- Availability of both lake facing and balcony rooms.
- Special dining cars, each of which serve International (Dining Room) and Indian (Sheesh Mahal) cuisines.
- A large library to quench your thirst of knowledge and enlighten the guests with the history of Rajasthan.
- Spa, the salon cum SPA which refreshes the guests under the soft lights of aromatic candles and goodness of natural oils.
- A candlelight destination dining with a bottle of high quality wine and chocolates.
4. Shiv Niwas Palace
This Palace of Maharaja Fateh Singh is now an abode of tourists seeking a peaceful vacation.
- The building is crescent shaped and equipped with antique furniture.
- Exact feel of a palace with finely decorated walls, wall to wall carpeting and rich paintings decorating the rooms.
- Multi cuisine restaurant serving authentic and global cuisines.
- Romantic meals at the pool side, as celestial Indian music plays in the background.
- Ample recreational opportunities at the in-house squash courts, billiard rooms, horse riding, swimming, solar and motor boat riding.
5. Trident Hotel
Built over 43 acres at the banks of Lake Pichola, this hotel ensures that its guests can embrace natural beauty of Udaipur without compromising on a luxurious lifestyle.
Suggested Read: Coaches of the Palace on Wheels train
- The fine restaurant, Aravalli serves authentic cuisines from Mewar.
- Unwind at the super deluxe suites of the hotel. The rooms are painted with muted beige colour and intricately designed with artefacts.
- Kids can enjoy at the Trident Kid club, playing games and making new friends.
- Leisure walks through the sprawling gardens and stories of Bada Mahal.
- A thrilling experience at the 150 year old conservatory located within the premises.
6. Madri Haveli
This is a boutique hotel of Udaipur which turns moments into memories. With an over 300 years, this Haveli was the palatial residence of the Kind of Madri.
- A quaint accommodation with just 14 rooms. Each room beaming with sunlight coming through the tainted window panes.
- Pristine, limestone walls which are adorned with ancient paintings and decorated with fine artefacts.
- Air conditioned rooms with attached bath and showers. Tea maker and mini bar within the room.
- A charming dining experience at the roof top restaurant.Both authentic Rajasthani and global cuisines are served at this in-house restaurant.
- Warm hospitality and regal welcome with refreshing drinks. Free pickup and drop to the nearest bus stand or railway station.
7. Boheda Palace
- Beautiful accommodation with hanging balconies, hand painted roofs and arched windows.
- Authentic Ayurveda SPA massages mixed with the serenity of nature.
Horse safari rides and special painting classes to make the vacation special to the guests.
- Free internet facility, large television sets, newspapers and sitting arrangements.
8. Lake Pichola Hotel
Another premium hotel of Udaipur, Lake Pichola Hotel stands on an isolated island, Brahmapuri, at the Lake Pichola. Most of the tourist hot spots of the city like the Jagdish Temple, cultural center, embankments and bathing ghats are located near this hotel.
- The glass panelled Upre restaurant of the resort is set up at the backdrop of the amazing beauties of Udaipur.
- Chitchat and get high with friends at the open air bar and cabanas of the resort.
- This lavish mansion is decorated with exquisite paintings and artefacts.
- Warm and special service which can enable a hassle free, cozy stay and business meets.
- Pick up and drop facilities to and from the railways station and the airport. There is also facility of free parking.
9. Mewar Haveli
This is another traditional hotel of Udaipur. As tourists enter the hotel, they travel back in time when Rajputs ruled Rajasthan.
Here you can view the Palace on Wheels train pictures
- The 12 guest rooms of the Haveli are air conditioned and equipped with amenities like attached bathrooms, television sets and telephones.
- Couple of specialized restaurants which serve Indian and international delicacies. While one is the traditional food court, the other is at the roof top, helping guests savour delicacies as the pleasant breeze from Lake Pichola touches them.
- An array of recreational activities which include puppet shows, folk song and dance programmes, horse and elephant safaris and a small shopping arcade just within the complex.
10. Hotel Aashiya Haveli
Enjoy the old charm of royal Rajasthan sitting at the roof top of this mansion or enjoy leisurely walks to the nearby tourist hot Spots, which include Monsoon Palace, City Palace and Lake Pichola.
- Traditional style of living with warm lights adorning the rooms and corridors, paintings adorning the walls and antics adding a rustic look to the Haveli.
- A heaven for vegetarians, offering almost all the best cuisines of the state under one roof.
- Availability of complimentary snacks and breakfast like hot tea, paranthas and dal baati churma.
So, get ready to visit one of the most romantic cities of the country through the Palace on Wheels train to experience a vibrant holiday. On the Day 4, Palace on Wheels train reach Udaipur and you can explore various local sightseeing during the journey.
Complete Information about Palace on Wheels
- Palace on Wheels train journey
- Palace on Wheels India Cost
- Online Booking of Palace on Wheels
- Luxury Cabins of Palace on Wheels
- World-Class Amenities of Palace on Wheels
- History of Palace on Wheels
- Route Map of Palace on Wheels
- Schedule of Palace on Wheels train
- Special Offer on Palace on Wheels
Read more related articles of Palace on Wheels: