Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
Scared to go out in the scorching sun? Feeling bored sitting idly at home this holiday? Palace on Wheels gives you a solution to both, it gives you a break from the monotonous life and transforms a burning summer into a chilling vacation.
Palace on Wheels is one of the traditional luxurious trains of the country which takes you in and around Rajasthan. While the train is an epitome of royal grandeur, it also arranges for special retreats for its guests so that they can remain cool and feel rejuvenated on their trip to Rajasthan.
How? Let us checkout.
A special treat at Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur
History of Taj Lake Palace
Taj Lake Palace, an ancient pleasure palace of Maharaja Jagat Singh II is a paradise for the stressed hearts. Encircled with the crystalline waters of Lake Pichola and encased in marble, Taj Lake Palace offers
- Spectacular view of the Aravalli Range right from the balcony of your hotel room.
- Spacious rooms decked with heavy curtains, warm wall paint, large beds draped in expensive linens and filled with floral aroma.
- A perfect example of exquisite Rajput architecture with its carved arches, fine stone work and rich paintings.
- World, European and authentic Rajasthani cuisines served on silver lined plates, Swarovski crystalline glasses and handcrafted cutlery. While Neel Kamal is gorgeous with its regal ambience, Bhairo is the roof top restaurant where you can relish the delectable cuisines while treating your eyes with the breathtaking beauty of the mountains and the deep blue waters.
- Sip some exotic wines and single malts at the Season Bar of the Palace. The Amrit Sagar bar of the palace is a fun place offering cigars and an astounding stock of high quality drinks.
Special Welcome at Taj Lake Palace
Even getting into Taj Lake Palace is a lifetime experience. As guests reach the Sardar Ghat rose petals are showers over them and treated with refreshments. A sequinned and embroidered umbrella covers the guests from the sun as they walk to the main entrance of the Taj Lake Palace.
Pamper yourself at the SPA resort
Taj Lake Palace keeps no stone unturned to make its guests feel special, the Jiva SPA of the hotel is another aspect of staying here. As you step into the SPA, the soothing aroma of natural oils and incense, the soft aura of the candles and the chandeliers, the natural Indian therapies, body scrubs and wraps drain away all hidden stress.
Prices range from INR 155000- 1078400, based on seasons!
Things to do in Taj Lake Palace
Udaipur, the Oasis of Rajasthan is splendid and awe inspiring with its serene beauty and historic significance.
Some other activities which you can enjoy at Udaipur are
Explore the beautiful City Palace. It is famous for its golden dome and Chinese hanging gardens.
Witness the artifacts and antiques of the Rajput monarchy at the crystal museum, which also sparkles with a wide range of personal belongings of the royal family.
Jag Mandir Palace
Enjoy a romantic dinner with your beloved at the Jag Mandir Palace, located at the heart of Lake Pichola.
Sail through the placid waters of Lake Pichola while the sun sets, leaving a plethora of colours over the sky.
Saheliyon ki Bari
Relax at the sprawling gardens of Saheliyon ki Bari or enjoy a heritage walk through the old lanes of Udaipur.
There is a vibrant local market just near the Palace where tourists can purchase embroidered boutique apparels, stone studded leather shoes and intricately designed silver and gold jewellery.
So beat the heat this summer at the Taj Lake Palace of Udaipur. Embark on this immemorial journey with Palace on Wheels.
Other Related Information of Palace on Wheels
- Palace on Wheels India Cost
- Palace on Wheels Train Facilities
- Schedule of the Palace on Wheels train
- History of the Palace on Wheels train
- Palace on Wheels booking
- Palace on Wheels Special Offer
Read more related articles of Palace on Wheels