IRCTC Tejas Express Will Cost 50% Less Than Flights on Same Route
The price of IRCTC Tejas Express will be 50% less than the cost of flight tickets on the same route. The price will be less even during the peak season. IRCTC and Railway Tourism and catering arm are given the flexibility to fix the prices for Tejas Express as a test case.
Travelling in private trains will cost less than that of the flights. The 2 Tejas Express will cost 50% less when compared to flights stated by IRCTC. It was stated that the fares of Ahmedabad – Mumbai Tejas Express and Lucknow-Delhi Tejas Express will be fixed by the IRCTC. This is a test case to involve private players in the train network.
Details of Two Private Tejas Express train:
- The fair of Tejas Express will be lesser than that of the flights. It will be around 50% than the price of the flight ticket. This will be applicable in all seasons even during the peak ones.
- There will be travel insurance of around RS.50 Lakhs from private companies to the passengers.
- There will be no quota or concession in the private Tejas Express train, even in case of VIP. In IRCTC there will be around 53 categories which will be provided tickets at concessional prices like award-winners, differently-abled and senior citizens. If the passengers don’t belong to this category, there will be no chance of concession.
- The children who are above the age of 5 years will be fully charged.
By the end of September, Lucknow-Delhi Express will start its operation and after a month Ahmedabad-Mumbai Express will start its operation.
Special Amenities of Tejas Express Trains are:
- IRCTC’s Tejas Express contains all the modern facilities with the state-of-art interior, Personalised reading lights, AC coaches, mobile charging points, CCTV cameras, bio-toilets, LED TV, automatic doors and many more.
- Tentative timings and schedules had been issued to two Tejas Express by IRCTC.
- IRCTC plans to replace the fewer toilets in the train with more sanitation and hygiene. The toilets will resemble airport-style.
- There will be no ticket checking on-board by the Indian Railways or by any other ticket checking staff. Entry will be permitted only through e-ticket, m-ticket or paper issued by the IRCTC.
How to Book:
If you want to travel on India’s most famous luxury train then book the Palace on Wheels train online to avoid the last minute rush.