- Train Number 82403 Varanasi - Indore Express (Weekly) via Prayagraj-Kanpur will depart from Varanasi 3:15 PM and arrive Indore at 9:40 AM.
- Train Number 82404 Varanasi - Indore Express (Weekly) via Prayagraj-Kanpur will leave from Indore at 10:55 AM and arrive at Varanasi at 5:00 AM.
- Train Number 82401 Varanasi - Indore Express (Biweekly) via Lucknow-Kanpur will leave from Varanasi at 2:45 PM and reach at Indore at 9:40 AM.
- Train Number 82402 Varanasi - Indore Express (Biweekly) will depart from Indore at 10:55 AM and reach at Varanasi at 6:00 AM.
- On-board bedrolls
- Modular toilets
- Tea/coffee vending machines
- Special vegetarian meals
- On-board security services
- Housekeeping services
- Fire and smoke detection
- On-board entertainment system
- Free travel insurance
- The Kashi Mahakal express can be booked through the online on the IRCTC website and its mobile app 'Irctc Rail Connect'.
- The passenger can also book their tickets through authorized agents and online travel partners of IRCTC.
- The booking can be done 120 days before the journey and it will contain general and foreign quotas.
- Kashi Mahakal express train is the third corporate passenger train run by IRCTC. Fist two were Tejas Express.
- The name of the train is taken from Lord Shiva, as it is devoted to serving his purpose. One seat is also reserved for him, the number of the seat is 65 and the coach is B5. This is the first time in Indian Railway history that a seat has been left reserved for divinity.
- From 20 February 2020, the journey of the train will begin.
- The train will connect two states specifically Jyotirlinga-Omkareshwar near Indore in Madhya Pradesh, Mahakaleshwar in Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh and Kashi Vishwanath in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. This train will also be connecting to and education hub of Indore and Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh.
- Kashi Mahakal express will take its run 3 days a week, the bi-weekly train will run from Varanasi-Indore on every Tuesday and Thursday and weekly service, the train will run from Varanasi-Indore on every Sunday.
- The train has provided complimentary travel insurance of Rs 10 Lakhs to the passenger traveling in it.
Indian Railways has put forward a gift for all Shiva devotees as Kashi Mahakal Express running religious places of the state of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. The train is set to commence from 20 February 2020.
India's third private fully AC passenger train will connect three Jyotirlinga - Omkareshwar (near Indore, MP), Mahakaleshwar (Ujjain, MP) and Kashi Vishwanath (Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh). The fully air-conditioned passenger train would be served by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation. Earlier, the IRCTC - a subsidiary of Indian Railways, had started two Tejas Express trains.
The inauguration was done on Sunday by honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This train is set to be operated thrice a week. It is already 70% booked for further journey and IRCTC has regulated its flexy charges.
Route of Kashi Mahakal Express Train
The train will be operated once via Prayagraj (Allahabad) and twice via Lucknow. The train will travel a total distance of 1131 km connecting Varanasi and Indore through Lucknow and a distance of 1102 km between Varanasi and Indore through Prayagraj (Allahabad). The approximate time taken will be 19 hours. The route of the train will be through Sultanpur, Lucknow or Prayagraj, Kanpur, Jhansi, Bina, SantHiradnagar, Ujjain, Indore and back.
Also Check out the route of Palace on Wheels Train
Timings of the Mahakal Express Train
There are four trains put down for run by taking devotees to their God three times a week. The train timings are as below:
Find here Palace on Wheels departure dates
Facilities onboard the Kashi Mahakal Express Train
The Kashi Mahakal Express is 3-tier fully air-conditioned and with complete comfort for devotees and people traveling with other purposes.
The facilities provided by the train are:
Fare of the Kashi Mahakal Express Train
The fare of the train is starting from 679/- and goes up to 1951/- INR. The fare of train No. 82401 is INR 1951 from Varanasi to Indore from. The train fare till Prayagraj is INR 737, Lucknow is INR 679, Kanpur is INR 980, Bina is INR 1463, SantHirdaram Nagar is INR 1599 and Ujjain is INR 1803.