How to Reach Bharatpur
Bharatpur is a fascinating city with an interesting history behind its name. There are several forts dotting the boundaries of this ancient city, with the Pleasure Palace Complex being the most popular among them.
The world renowned bird sanctuary or world famous bird watching site is located here in Bharatpur. The Keoladeo Ghana National Park, World Heritage Site, is spread over 29 square kilometers of artificial wet land. International and domestic tourists throng this amazing tourist destination to view 375 species of migratory birds. In fact, India’s leading luxury train the Palace on Wheels has the fascinating itinerary for this place.
How to Reach Bharatpur?
Bharatpur is well accessible from all the major cities in India. While the nearest international airport is the Delhi International Airport situated 184 km away. Bharatpur – the Gateway of Rajasthan is a major tourist attraction and is well connected with international and domestic flights.
There are several government and private buses too. With innumerable trains from all the major Indian cities to Bharatpur Railway Station even the Luxurious Palace on Wheels India makes a stop over for famous tourist locations.
Getting Around Once in Bharatpur
From the airport visitors can travel by cab or taxi. It is quite easy to reach the city as the Airport is 45 km away. There are state run buses as well as private buses at affordable prices from nearest bus stop.
The closest railway station is known as Bharatpur Railway Station. There are several trains from major cities in India to Bharatpur.
• 1st Train to Bharatpur from Delhi – Udhampur KOTA Weekly Express
Departure @3:40 from NDLS (New Delhi Railway Station)
• Last Train to Bharatpur from Delhi – Haridwar Valsad SF Express
Departure @23:35 from NZM (Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station)
• Experience Luxury on The Palace on Wheels week long tour to ancient forts around Rajasthan. Observe birds in their natural habitat at the Khaledeo Ghana National Park on Day 7 of the Luxury tour worthy of Maharajahs of Yore.
There are private buses from major cities like Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Agra & Ajmer to Bharatpur Bus stop. Several online companies offer discount prices and detailed schedules of Palace on Wheels train.
Know more about the Palace on Wheels
- Coaches of Palace on Wheels train
- Deluxe Cabin of Palace on Wheels train
- Super Deluxe Cabin of Palace on Wheels train
- Palace on Wheels General Information
- Palace on Wheels train price
- Palace on Wheels train route
Read more related articles of Palace on Wheels